Here we are, the last day of class this year, my last class at this school. Quality Projects have been successful. And it's time for some reflection. In addition to the formal reflection you're writing about your project, I'd like you to help me think about the work I've done as your teacher. Please respond thoughtfully to the following prompts:
1. What is something about the class that I should definitely keep doing, and why?
2. What is something about the class that I should not keep doing, and why?
3. What is something that we did not do in this class that I should think about including next time?
4. Anything else?
Biggest Mahalos for a great semester!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
1. Something about this course that you should continue is the amount of homework. I didn't feel buried in English homework. It was a nice balance. I also liked that we had pretty much the entire fourth quarter to work on Quality Projects and that we didn't evaluate every word of The Poisonwood Bible.
2. I don't think there was anything in this course that I really didn't like.
3. I think we should have watched a film.
1. What is something about the class that I should definitely keep doing, and why?
I really enjoyed the quality projects. You should keep doing those! also, I think youre a super cool teacher and i enjoy coming to class! just stay the same! :)
2. What is something about the class that I should not keep doing, and why?
Everything was good but if i had to choose something it would probably be reading super long books even though that book was good!
gonna miss you Mr Watson! you truly are an amazing teach and a good guy! love, hailee
1. I enjoyed the warm ups that were used to get us in the mood of English. I was always a good way to interact and collaborate others.
2. I didn't enjoy the Poisonwood Bible assignments, although it may have just been the book itself.
3. Overall, I think this class was fun and enjoyable with a good amount of work, meaning not too much of an over load and not too little.
1. Definitely keep being interactive with the class because it keeps us involved and always talking.
2. There is nothing that you shouldn't do. you had 5 years to perfect your teaching style and i like it.
3. I can't think of anything that you should include in this class next time.
4. Have a great time in Seattle!!!
1. i really like writing assignments that came off of the poison wood bible. i.e. Yesterday I read over and edited one of the papers i wrote from an inspiration of a quote from pwb. (it was the one about the nightmare) and i really liked it. i think i might even keep writing. i feel like it could turn into a really nice story.
2. i dont think there are any changes to be made here
3. i think next time you should have a PARTAAYYYY!!!
4. I think that, at least I, should have started on the Quality Project earlier. i was a little time crunched...
1. You should keep the time line of the reading because it really helped me stay ahead of my reading.
2. There isn't anything off the top of my head that I can think of right now.
3. I think that you should include a little party on the last day. Just a small one with some food.
1. One thing that you should keep doing in your classes to come is bring the enthusiasm that you always had.
2. Everything that you have done in this class from what I have seen has been awesome. I don't want you to change anything Mr. Watson!
3. We did everything Hawaiian keep up the good work.
4. No sir nothing else except don't forget the Islands and the people that made you feel at home.
1. something about the class that you should definitely keep doing is to keep the reading space open and taking into consideration that different people read at different paces. i thought that was nice and considerate of you to do (i myself being a rather slow reader). :)
2. something about the class that you should definitely take out (not keep doing) would be to not use diigo. although it may work for you, and seems like a good idea for keeping track of things. i didnt like the idea of having to look up something "cool" or "of use for the class" every week and be graded on it. i think that this would be a considerable thing to take out because not too many people actually followed through with it, and a lot of people didnt find it as helpful as you may have (thought).
3. something that we did not do in this class that i think you should think about doing next time is perhaps letting students write more of "their own" cycle papers; without boundaries. because i liked how the first two cycle paper we were allowed to choose what we wanted to write about, something that interested us. and then after that the cycle papers were more of an assignment for the cycle rather then something fun to write about. if that makes sense...
4. anything else? YES! THANKS FOR AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING SECOND SEMESTER ENGLISH MR. W! im sure we're all gonna miss you lots! come back and visit us all here! hope you continue to have a great life in seattle!
~aloha
1. You should definitely keep cycle papers. I enjoyed writing them every week and especially when it was free choice.
2. Poisonwood Bible was an extremely dry book for my taste and found it painful to read at times and even more agonizing when we were forced to talk about it in small groups. I recommend picking up a different book for English.
3. I would add some sort of poetry. I've always been an avid fan of poetry.
4. You personally, have been probably my favorite English teacher and everyday looked forward to coming to class. Thank you for such a fun year. Keep up your teaching style, it makes things enjoyable.
1. I think what helped me stay with the book was that we started so early. I think for some reason I felt boss that i knew everything that was happening in PWB and my friends were just starting made me feel like i wanted to stay ahead of them and keep reading.
2. One think i think that you should maybe cut down on is some of the readings when you printed out papers and gave them to us. Once we finished all the reading on that it just clogged space.
3.I liked the quintessential lesion when we blogged our ideas. I liked that and now i also know that vocab and ill see it on the SAT.
4. Nope
Something in this class that you should definitely keep is free write cycle papers. It was cool because it was very free and i never wrote anything like it before. I had a lot of fun writing them and also, it prepared me for a lot of other types of writing. i also like the reading the poetry.
Something that you shouldn't keep is reading The Poisonwood Bible. I feel this way because i fell behind early and could not really catch up. I only fell behind a little bit and i still couldn't catch up.
Everything that i thought should have done was done.
1. You should definitely keep the cycle papers. Not only did the cycle papers help me hone my writing skills, but I found it was a good way for me to express myself.
2. While Diigo is an impressive tool, it seemed rather superfluous to the overall direction of the class.
3. While I'm not the best public speaker, I think it is important that you add more class discussions. Class discussions often help clarify topics and themes that were covered and help build bonds between students.
4. As a no stranger to moving myself (I've moved six times), I want to wish you good luck with your move to Seattle!
1. One thing you should definitely keep in this course is the cycle papers. They were a good and fair test of our writing skills and we since they were every cycle, we knew when to expect them.
2. Something that you should not keep about this course the Poisonwood Bible. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't get much from reading it.
3. Something that should be incorporated into this course next year is poetry. It is something that we are probably going to do in future english classes, so improving our skills now would help.
1. I feel that we should keep the checkpoints for the quality project because it allowed us to keep up with our work so we don't put it off til the night it is due. I liked the warm ups because it helped us get engaged and open for learning in this class.
2. I think we shouldn't rush through poisonwood bible and instead go through it slowly and analyze it in full detail because then we could truly understand the characters and the story better.
3.I thought that we could have a little more warm ups during the quality project, because that will help the brainstorming process for the project.
4. I really had fun in this class, and learned a big deal in my reading and writing skills. Thank you for a very enjoyable semester.
1. During this course, I felt a lot of love in the room. This was nice and enjoyed having it around. Keep that!
Also keep the work days. That helped a lot.
2. You should get rid of the long books cause that wasn't fun.
3. Try adding some more fun projects like the quality project and less papers.
4. Thanks for being there for me when i needed help.
1. You should definitely keep the pace of the class the same because it was made so that everyone could work independently at their own pace comfortably.
2. You do not need to do diigo since I can say that it was not used after the first week of class.
3. Maybe more reading as a class. For example have people take turns reading pages of assigned books. That way everyone is up to date and has no excuse to say he or she doesn't know the material unless they were absent.
4. It was a fun semester and being in your english class the entire year was the best. Thank you being an awesome english teacher.
1. I think I found this class enjoyable but at the same time educating because of the learning atmosphere and positive vibes. Enjoyed this class a lot and hope you keep up the great work.
2. I honestly don't think there is anything that you shouldn't keep doing. I found this class to be the perfect amount of difficulty and very fun. I definitely learned a lot from this class that I plan on using in my years to come.
3. Honestly, once again, I think you covered it all. The education and fun balanced out to be a perfect class.
4. Definitely miss you next year. Keep in touch. Thanks for everything!
Something in this class that you should definitely keep is free write cycle papers. It was cool because it was very free and i never wrote anything like it before. I had a lot of fun writing them and also, it prepared me for a lot of other types of writing. i also like the reading the poetry.
Something that you shouldn't keep is reading The Poisonwood Bible. I feel this way because i fell behind early and could not really catch up. I only fell behind a little bit and i still couldn't catch up.
Everything that i thought should have done was done.
1. I liked how you had the check points in the quality project. They kept me up to date with the project and prevented me from procrastinating too much. I also liked the cycle papers you assigned, because you gave us the freedom to write about anything.
2. I think the only you should change is the Poisonwood Bible, because I just didn't really enjoy reading it.
3. I think something we didn't do that should of is have more class warm ups.
4. Thanks for a great English experience Mr. Watson. Hope to see you around during the summer.
great information and inspiration, Also like to admire the time and effort you put into your blog.nice written and almost all significant information. I would like to see more posts like this.thanks
Online Diploma
Post a Comment